Thursday, January 13, 2011

vogue...strike a pose...

So yesterday I had my hair did and mah makeup done. And I had a professional photoshoot. Yeah. Fo realz. Haha

Why did I do such a thing, you ask?? Well, for my birthday last year, my in-laws got this makeover-photoshoot thing for me as my birthday gift. And about 9 months later, I finally used it haha.

It took me forever to use it because, well, to be truthful, I really didn't want to! Hah no offense to my good ol' in-laws, but they got me this gift when I was fat and pregnant. I also had permanent bags under my eyes then because I was finishing university and about to graduate, running my fat self around working as a waitress, and I was still Young Women's President at the time. So yeah, I definitely in no way shape or form was physically or emotionally ready to feel confident in front of a photographer.

And then, had my lovely baby Giles. And I admittedly have some baby weight still lurking on my body. And I hate it. And I DEFINITELY don't feel sexy or worthy to be photographed in any way. So I was putting it off.

But, alas, it expired at the end of January. So I trudged off to the studio in Manchester yesterday.

Got my hair did first. Was too poofy, so when no one was looking, and when the girl who did it was no where in sight, I frantically tried to tame it a bit. Then got my makeup done. They CAKED it on. And I know they have to do it so it makes you look flawless in the pictures under the studio lights. But next day I have 4 huge zits from it. So THANKS a lot lovely sweet gay guy for giving me these mt. everests on my face!

Then got into the photo studio. The photographer was a really nice young woman, probably just a couple years older than me. The studio had a few props, but it mostly consisted of chunks of wall paper everywhere that served as the different backgrounds. Some of the backgrounds were nice, but they had some HORRIBLE ones like fake brick and huge red roses and stuff like that.

The photo session wasn't too horrible. The girl made me feel pretty at ease and I tried hard to not make awkward, fake smiles hahah.

Then later, I was brought to the viewing room and saw my pictures. I got to choose one free one with the gift that my in-laws gave, but of course they try to sell you others like mad. And, I admit, I actually did give in. The pictures actually looked really nice! And the woman gave me a good deal. So I got 2 for 1, plus the free one.

Although I was dying not to go, it actually was a nice experience. I wouldn't want to do it again probably. It is so nice and fun when you're with people, but getting like full on glamour shots on your own just feels so weird to me. I'm not that person really. Maybe I was in high school, when my body wasn't completely transformed after baby-ness. But yeah, it actually was a great time and I thank my parents-in-law so much!

Can't show you pictures yet, as they're arriving in the mail in 6 weeks ish (if we're still even in England then! hah) but yeah. Just wanted to blog about this unique and weird experience! haha

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahah I peed my pants laughing just a second ago. for real. there is pee everywhere. i just imagined you in a pink sweater-vest with Deb from Napoleon Dynamite saying, "Now just eeeease up your fist under your chin" hahahaha
    I CANNOT wait to see these pictures!!! what a lovely present. you are beautiful 100%. Don't ever forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhhahahah seriously it was totally glamour shots by deb. i had to ease my hand up under my chin. but i was too polite to say no. hahahah !!

    ReplyDelete