Wednesday, October 6, 2010

errrr let's try this again....

Welcome to my new venture, my very own family blog. As you can see from my first post, I attempted to start a blog AGES ago, right when I became pregnant in fact, at the end of last year. But I quit because- a. I felt stupid, that I didn't have anything interesting to say. AND b. I had just begun my last year of university and things, of course, got really really REALLY busy.
I was going to document my pregnancy, but afterall, who wants to hear all the gross gory details of a pregnancy, except for your sister really (who was going through the same thing ! :P).
SOO I quit, and the evidence is below. However, I do feel that I am ready now to begin again. I do have much to say, even though 95% of it is about the new addition to our family, Mr. Giles Spencer Evans. He is now nearly 13 weeks old and I want this blog to document the little things he does, mainly for my family's benefit since we are still living far far away in England.





And about our living situation, yes we are actually hoping to move to the States as soon as possible. We've been mulling it over for a long time, and when we went back to Vegas for Christmas this past year for 3 weeks, we both decided we wanted to officially start a life over there. We figured that in the long run, we do want to end up there. And staying over here longer would just be wasting time. Josh couldn't start school really because he'd soon transfer, we wouldn't be able to ever buy a house because we'd still have one foot wanting to come over there, etc. So we put in Josh's visa application and sadly, we're STILL waiting. But it is in the final stages so we're hoping to move end of December, or maybe sometime in January.

As for Giles, he will have dual citizenship! We've recently been down to London to sort out his American side and we just have to turn in our British passport application. Yay for our children never having to wait in customs lines too long! hehe

Giles is nearly 13 weeks old and he is growing up too fast already. Here's some things about our baby boy:

-He no longer has his newborn cry! It's a very grown up, louder wail and it makes me sad that he's newborn no longer!
-He's started to laugh louder and more pronounced laughs. His baby giggles (huhuhuh) are few and far between now and he lets out a huge HA! HA! now :>
-Giles LOVES to talk (well, baby talk that is). He is always gooing and aoeeinngggg.
-He likes to be sung to sleep.
-His favorite toy is this finger puppet lion thing.
-Giles is CRAZY about books already!! Every time I read him a book, he brightens up, gives huge huge smiles, and touches the book and its pages.
-Giles is already starting to be clingy to his momma. He loves for me to hold him, to be as near as possible at all times hah. I'm hoping he'll break that at some point, we are letting him cry it out now and then, rather than picking him up constantly. Hopefully he'll learn!
-He has mixed feelings about the bath, which I think just depends on how tired or alert he is. When he's wide awake, he'll kick around in the bath and really enjoy it. When he's a bit tired he'll fuss.
-And one last thing- Giles, like any little boy, is obsessed with his dad! Everytime Josh calls me at lunchtime, I put the phone to Giles' ear and he will always smile, or widen his eyes and kick around more. He loves playing with him, and most especially cuddling him. Josh has a crazy knack for getting Giles to sleep nearly instantaneously hah!


Life is going really well. I have President Thomas S. Monson's (prophet of my church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) recent talk on my mind lately, about gratitude. If I have gratitude, I will more fully feel the love of God.

I do try my hardest to be grateful always. I have had such a blessed life! I've been blessed with opportunities of schooling, traveling the world, graduating university, having the best friends on the planet, the best siblings ever that always make me smile and laugh out loud. I have the greatest parents, and in-laws as well. I have two gorgeous grandmas and so many lovely cousins and extended family. I have a handsome, adoring husband, whom yes, I do not deserve! He's too great and always tries to make me happy and comfortable. And I have an incredible, gorgeous son. I feel SO happy in motherhood! It's been amazing. Greatest of all I have the gospel and my Savior Jesus Christ.

Well this is all for now. Thank you for indulging me and for reading this first (well, technically second) blog post of mine!

x







3 comments:

  1. Love you Mallay! I'm excited that you're starting a blog so I won't miss a minute of Gileseypoos life!! I love and miss you and am grateful for you and twin pregnancies!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYAYAY! I swear my blog is Ginger's baby book. Im so happy I have my blog, there are so many memories documented that Im sure would have been forgotten. Your Giles is such a handsome little guy with such a handsome name. Im looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mallard Jade Evans. It's your daddy! I love my baby girl and thanks for the beautiful grandson. I hope to teach him how to burp the alphabet, stink up a bathroom, and how to handle his crazy mama. Love you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete